Welcome!

For your convenience, please use the categories/labels box and the archive box to browse through the stories you want to read.

Comments and feedback are strongly encouraged (you can review under Livejournal accounts, and anonymous comments are allowed!), but if you don't have the time to leave one then at least check the "like" or "dislike" boxes that can be found at the end of every post (but try to leave comments as much as possible, thanks!) :)

I also reply to every comment that people leave me (or at least, the first comment people leave me per story), so feel free to go back and check to see what I've written in reply :) But give me like two days, because blogspot doesn't send out email alerts (if they do, I don't know how to change that setting), so I always go check manually.

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Twitter! (username: genisaurion)

Stickies

First Post: Link
Collective List of Super Junior Fics: Link

Sunday, December 13, 2009

YeWook: Moment (#1)

More products as a result of being frustrated over chaptered fics. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE. AND OMG PRESENT TENSE, whut?

And it's not very good because I only wrote it as (1) a vent for frustration from my chaptered fic. I'm sorry if you hate me for my lack of quality.

Title: Moment (#1)
Word Count: 894
Rating: G?
Started/Finished: 12.13.09 / 12.13.09
Music Muse: Super Junior, of course. But more specifically, "H.I.T."

Description: One amongst many, never an easy task.

Moment

Yesung remembers when it first happened, in grade school. He only barely remembers it, but he remembers it enough to know that he hated it.

Draw a picture of your favorite food.

He remembers how the rest of his class had managed just fine. But not him.

He remembers asking his teacher if he could draw all of his favorite foods.

"No, Jongwoon -- just one."

"But I like many kinds of food! How can you expect me to just pick one?"

"Just pick one." He remembers being frustrated with his teacher. He remembers failing the art project, because in the end he'd written "I like all foods" on his canvas as his final product.

It wasn't fair to make a little boy pick one favorite out of many. He never understood why one favorite should be more favored over the other favorites. If they were all his favorites, why couldn't he say they all were?

As he remembers it, the adjective 'favorite' was not an exclusive adjective pertaining to one noun. The noun 'favorite' had a plural for a reason, did it not? -- but he remembers how his teacher had rejected his arguments, demanding he show respect to his teacher and her teachings.



Yesung knows this had not been the only instance. Throughout the rest of his schooling, and even in his career thereafter, he found himself being asked the same question. Sometimes they were easy -- he could easily say his favorite animal was his pet turtle, for instance -- but other times he would find it difficult. And every time he gave a response of "I like them all," he would always get a "You can't even pick one?" in reply.

No, he would always think to himself. That's why I like them all.

Even during his time with Super Junior he'd faced those questions.

He remembers them clearly. Who's your favorite member in the group?--What's your favorite song?--Where's your favorite place to perform?

Yesung dislikes those questions every time, and every time he tries to be polite in his explanation. Yet for some reason, no one seemed to understand.

Sometimes the group members themselves ask him those questions. For instance, sometimes Hankyung would ask him, "What's your favorite kind of ramyun? I'll make it for dinner," and it would take all of Yesung's power to reply to his question as nicely as possible.

Yesung hates choosing favorites.



But sometimes, it's not so bad.

For instance:

"Hyung, I'm going to play two songs, all right? Could you tell me which you like better?"

"Ah, Wookie, I don't really like picking favorites...."

"It's not really picking favorites. Just tell me which one you like better, okay?" And even though Yesung listens to the two with his usual mentality in mind, by the time both songs are finished he can't help but to answer Ryeowook's question with sincere honesty.

"The first one."

"I thought you would."



Yesung hates picking favorites, most of the time.

"Hyung, do you like the red one or the blue one?"

"Red."

"The striped one?"

"Ah, I actually liked the checkered one more."

Yesung hates picking favorites, most of the time. Yet for some reason, when around Ryeowook, Yesung forgets he dislikes choosing one out of many. And he really doesn't know why.



Yesung remembers when Ryeowook had thrown him for quite the loop.

"I think if I had to choose, you would be my favorite hyung."

"Oh? Not Leeteuk?"

"I like him too. But I think I like you more."

Yesung knows that it had been that instance that made him realize that picking one favorite over others didn't demean the others' worth in any way. And it was perhaps because of that conversation that Yesung found himself not minding the question as much as he used to.

It's still a difficult question to answer, though, which is perhaps why Yesung still doesn't like answering the question. Yet in that instance he still finds himself saying in reply,

"You're my favorite too, Wookie."



Years later, as Yesung stands backstage to a piano recital, he admits that his refusal to pick one favorite over many may have been a little irrational. As difficult as the task was, there was no penalty or significance in even picking a random answer just to be done with the question. No one had been asking him to save the world; they'd just wanted an answer.

Perhaps, then, it had been slightly overdone.

Yesung admits that the question had still been undeniably difficult to answer. And as his name is called out to the audience and as he steps from behind the curtains, he can only think of three instances in which the question had been genuinely easy to answer.

The first,

"What is your favorite animal?"
-- My pet turtle.

The second,

"Which song did you like better?"
-- The first one.

And the third, as Ryeowook turns around on the piano bench and announces to his audience the dedication for the next song, as Yesung steps before the microphone and prepares his upcoming serenade, and as the two begin performing the song Yesung had favored years before, with Yesung's strong voice in perfect eloquence with the notes of Ryeowook's piece,

"If there was one favorite moment in your life you could repeat, what would you repeat?"
-- This one.



END
YeWook: [1] [2] [3]
(SuJu Archive)



Alternate Title: Favorite

I think I'm destined to write one-shots forever. They're so much easier to produce than chaptered fics... *sigh*

Feel free to brick me if I didn't properly catch the essence of YesungRyeowook. And I guess you could see it as romance if you really wanted to, but I think in the end it ended up being more friendship.

6 comments:

  1. Yewook~~~~ You made fics of Kyumin, my 'favourite' pairing, then you made Yewook, my second one XDDD

    It's so cute~ Their images are clearly shown, haha, that's how Yewook should be~
    Will you make angsty Yewook too someday, ^-^~?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fanmin Ah wow, I can't believe I'm getting a request to make an angsty Yewook T_T

    When I can make it work and write it within my comfort range, I definitely will!

    (you know how I can't resist angst... haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fanmin oh, wow, delayed reaction, but i only JUST got why you put 'favorite' under quotations. *AUTHORFAIL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I guess I have the same problem ^^; I always have more than one favourite (like my top five in Super Junior... yeah, that's a third of the group... or my two favourite colours. It's just so hard to choose one ^^; )
    How could I NOT love this fic, not only is it adorable beyond all reason, it panders to my Yesung bias, which you know all about by now :P
    It's so sweet that one little conversation with Ryeowook can change his whole perspective (I guess Ryeowook is just that good ^^)
    You definitely need to write more Yewook, because you definitely don't suck at it, and I'm greedy like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @cho-min Yesung bias FTW. I made a CD for my car with all Yesung solo, duets, and KRY. His voice is so omgz. If only car audio CDs play images too, but then I'd probably get in a car accident...

    I'm glad you liked the Yewook! They don't come quite as naturally as the other ones I write, but I'll do my best to produce some more~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fantastic CD. Unfortunately, despite being legally able to drive, I'm totally too lazy to go all the way to the other end of the city to take my test to get my licence, so other people have to drive me everywhere, and none of them like Yesung... or know who he is... I've got a seven hour drive coming up, though, so maybe I can convince my aunt to listen to some of it? *fingers crossed ^^~*
    And I think if cars had picture-showing capabilities, there would be a lot more car accidents. Probably best if we just stick to computer wallpaper slideshows made up of pictures of Yesung in his musical outfit :D
    I actually like the way you write them. It's nice and subtle. It kind of works for them, being who they are. (Though I'm definitely not opposed to some blatant Yewook either :P)

    ReplyDelete