Welcome!

For your convenience, please use the categories/labels box and the archive box to browse through the stories you want to read.

Comments and feedback are strongly encouraged (you can review under Livejournal accounts, and anonymous comments are allowed!), but if you don't have the time to leave one then at least check the "like" or "dislike" boxes that can be found at the end of every post (but try to leave comments as much as possible, thanks!) :)

I also reply to every comment that people leave me (or at least, the first comment people leave me per story), so feel free to go back and check to see what I've written in reply :) But give me like two days, because blogspot doesn't send out email alerts (if they do, I don't know how to change that setting), so I always go check manually.

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Twitter! (username: genisaurion)

Stickies

First Post: Link
Collective List of Super Junior Fics: Link

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

KyuMin: Rumor (#2)

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY I WROTE THIS. But because it's out of my brain, I figure I'll let people see it. Sorry if it makes no sense.

Some KyuMin, YeWook, and YeMin (Or is it SungSung? lol), and I suppose mentionings of KiHae because I couldn't help myself.

Unbeta-ed, as always (I never beta, though I should. It's still readable, though). Sowwy in advance~


Title:
Rumor (#2)
Word Count: 1759
Rating: PG? G?
Started/Finished: 12.08.09 / 12.08.09
Music Muse: Super Junior T, "Rokkuguh"
Description: Sometimes, things just happen. He learns soon enough.

Rumor

SungMin knew he should only believe so much. Rumors were rumors, after all, and it wasn't like there was any proof behind them yet. Besides, when said rumors came from fan-run forums and not from legitimate news sources, their validity was likely nonexistent.

But the media would have stopped caring to include that rumor in their broadcasts, anyway. Fan-service was normal to them by now, and it was surely not something worth reporting after every Super Junior concert performance.

And fan-service is just fan-service, SungMin tried reminding himself. None of it means anything in the end.

SungMin convinced himself this was just a result of jealousy. Why should he care what KyuHyun was doing outside of Korea, anyway? Should he care because the two had shared some close moments before leaving? Or because that man was the only person who appeared in his dreams late at night? Maybe even because KyuHyun stopped calling him every other night like he used to?

He stills thinks about me, SungMin told himself, I know it.

But he couldn't help but to listen to those rumors, and it was perhaps that there were so many depicting the same tale that caused SungMin to worry more than he should. Some of them were even ridiculous; one said that, after KiBum's recent break-up with DongHae, KyuHyun had taken the opportunity to steal the heartbroken man for himself. It was lies, SungMin knew, but when everything on the Internet said the exact same thing....

He knew the rumors were only a result of "fan-service." He knew the truth was just that KyuHyun had given DongHae a kiss on the cheek during one of their performances. It wasn't even like KyuHyun to do something like that -- DongHae, really?

And it wasn't even a real kiss.
So why was he bothered?



When the rumors persisted, SungMin did his best to keep his head high. He forced himself to tune out anything regarding Super Junior M and their endeavors. He refused to sit in front of a computer to use the Internet. As cliche as it seemed, SungMin knew ignorance truly was bliss.

He also tried his best to keep his composure around the others. But apparently, he had failed terribly.

"We're Super Junior Happy, remember?" LeeTeuk reminded him. "It's a little obvious that you're anything but happy."

SungMin nodded, but inside he was shaking his head. He didn't want Super Junior Happy right now. He wanted Super Junior, just Super Junior, where he had a reason to be with KyuHyun.



One day, as SungMin was solemnly eating breakfast in front of the television, a sudden weight decided to seat itself next to him. He frowned at first, knowing it wasn't the person he wanted to be there, and for that reason he remained unresponsive.

A few minutes of silence lingered in the air, save the television in the background. And then, just when SungMin felt like he couldn't take the silence with the unnamed person anymore, the unnamed person spoke.

"SungMin, I know how you feel."
YeSung.



They talked a lot that day, as well as the next day. SungMin realized that YeSung really did know how he felt, with RyeoWook overseas as well. And though YeSung never really described his relationship with that man
explicitly, SungMin had the strangest feeling it was quite similar to his relationship with KyuHyun.

When he was around YeSung, his worries over rumors were nonexistent. He was able to talk to YeSung normally, and it had felt good having a clear conscience for once. It had made him realize that those hours worrying over rumors had been pointless, and he knew that if he could keep up the same faith and courage as YeSung did then he would be fine.

But despite these achievements, there was one thing that SungMin was beginning to fear. And that fear was confirmed when one night, in the middle of his dream, KyuHyun's face was no longer what he saw.



SungMin decides to ask YeSung: "Hyung, what does RyeoWook mean to you?"

"You don't know?" the other asked in response.

SungMin shook his head. "I just want to know."

YeSung gave his fair share of questioning looks before replying. "Wookie means a lot to me. To be honest, I don't think he knows how much he means to me. But he's also like a brother to me, someone I care about and should look after."

"I see," was all SungMin said in response. Did he see KyuHyun in that same light? SungMin was sure he did, but he couldn't help but to feel slightly uncertain.

No, it's not supposed to be like this! SungMin yelled inside his head. KyuHyun, not YeSung....



He spent an entire night thinking it over, but it gave him no consolation when by the end of the night he was still empty-handed.



In one of the new songs for Super Junior Happy's next album was an entrance that had SungMin and YeSung singing in perfect harmony. Sometimes, when singing the song, SungMin would forget that the song was actually about a guy chasing a girl he'd met in his dreams. And even though he preferred several other songs on their album over this one, he couldn't deny that he felt his happiest during that duet.

He was absolutely sure it was because the duet sounded good and had nothing to do with the fact that it was with YeSung. But his conscience insisted he was in denial.



One night, SungMin received an unexpected phone call from KyuHyun. Apparently KyuHyun had been incredibly busy, though SungMin was hardly surprised.

"I'm exhausted, Sungminnie," he'd said in a slight accent SungMin knew had been picked up from speaking Mandarin for a little too long. "So many shows, so much practicing. And DongHae isn't helping any."

Suddenly the rumors that had been stashed in the back of SungMin's mind began to resurface. "DongHae? What's he doing to you? Don't tell me those rumors are actually true?"

KyuHyun laughed at this. "What rumors, Minnie?"

"That you and him..." began SungMin through pursed lips. He tried to say the rest of it, but nothing came.

"We're not together or anything," said KyuHyun, laughing once more. "I'm not that cruel, you know. What I meant was that DongHae broke up with KiBum -- or KiBum broke up with him, I guess. With KiBum in America and DongHae in China, I guess the distance wasn't working out. But it's really been quite the damper in his mood, as well as all of ours."

"They broke up...?" SungMin wondered aloud. Somehow, he had been hoping the entire rumor was false, but it seemed they still had their truths in them....

Eventually their conversation came to an end, since KyuHyun had to wake up rather early the next day. The last words KyuHyun had said were "I miss you, hyung. Wait for me, okay?" to which SungMin had replied with "I miss you too."

He had wanted to add a "I love you too," afterwards, but he didn't have the courage to do it. Yet even with that desire, he still couldn't figure out why it was now YeSung's face, not KyuHyun's face, that painted the background of his dreams.



Everything KyuHyun had told him that night had been according to the reality SungMin had tried hard to hold onto. In the end, SungMin had to admit, it was all just pointless worrying.



"What would you do if RyeoWook didn't like you back?" SungMin asked YeSung while on one of their breaks.

The latter only shrugged. "Nothing, I guess. I'd feel hurt, maybe, but nothing would change. If I can't care for him as his lover, I'll care for him as his hyung. I don't think the feelings change much, do you? I think the only thing that changes is the intentions behind those feelings."

"I see," was all SungMin said in response.

Did he see KyuHyun in that same light?

SungMin was sure he did.

But he couldn't help but to feel slightly uncertain.



One night it came to him. Realization swept over him and knocked him over. How could he be this much of a hypocrite?

All that time SungMin had spent worrying about what KyuHyun was doing in China, wondering if KyuHyun's interests were invested elsewhere.... What if KyuHyun was thinking the exact same thing? But what was worse was that KyuHyun actually had a reason to question him, because for some reason SungMin could not get YeSung out of his head.

He wanted KyuHyun. He was sure of it. He didn't know what YeSung was. There was no future there, anyway, not with RyeoWook still around.

No. I have to do this. For KyuHyun's sake.



"Ah, SungMin!" YeSung was calling from a distance -- but SungMin did not turn around. "SungMin, why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?"

It was awfully extreme and SungMin knew it. But with YeSung still inexplicably in his head, it was all he could.

"Mianhae, YeSung."



A few weeks later, the members of Super Junior M returned to Korea, though Henry and Zhou Mi had remained in China. The twelve members had celebrated their reunion, though the emotions present were rather mixed in nature. From DongHae, an overwhelming blanket of sadness, which could not even be lifted by HyukJae's attempts at comic relief. From KyuHyun and SungMin, an awkwardness that really couldn't be explained by anyone except themselves. And from HeeChul, a grouchiness that was merely characteristic.

Being in KyuHyun's presence washed away any doubts he'd had, whether in KyuHyun or in himself. And he knew this had nothing to do with the many gifts from China KyuHyun had kindly showered him with. It was what he had always wanted, back in the past, the current time, and for as long as he could hold onto it in the future. Whether KyuHyun felt the same way didn't matter because he didn't need a label in order to care for someone; YeSung had taught him that.

Perhaps once during that party, SungMin snuck a glance over at the man that had begun to invade his dreams only until a week prior. Maybe one day, when SungMin felt safer and more secure, he would allow himself to open up to that friendship once more, because YeSung really was a nice friend, in the end.

But for now, ignoring YeSung's still desperate and confused gazes as well as the man next to him, SungMin heaved a sigh and turned toward KyuHyun.

"KyuHyun," SungMin said quietly, not really caring if the other man could hear him. "Saranghae."

END
KyuMin: [1] [2] [3]
[4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]
(SuJu Archive)



(gets bricked for trying to write outside my OTP)

Slowly I'm trying to write stories involving everyone else. Actually, I'm considering doing the 100 SuJu one-shot challenge thing, but because all the characters are so foreign to me (in terms of portraying them), I've been holding off for now. So I guess all of this is practice :)

Thanks to everyone commenting on my stories! I really appreciate the feedback! And thanks to everyone pressing the like and dislike buttons too, haha. You all have my love.

13 comments:

  1. nicely written. i love how the feelings and emotions were conveyed.
    the 100 suju oneshot challenge? Go for it!!
    will be looking forward to your fics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @yum gums thanks for the commments~!

    I might do the challenge when I'm more comfortable writing all the characters, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh, I've thought of making a Yemin fic based on Kyu and Wook's leaving too, but I always failed, and you make this so beautifully~~
    You didn't even break Kyumin~
    I LOVE IT very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fanmin I'm glad you liked it! I was considering breaking them, but... I couldn't make it work. Looks like that decision was for the better =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm... I don't even know how to feel right now. Happy that Sungmin and Kyuhyun are okay? But sad that Sungmin is ignoring Yesung, and because Kibum and Donghae broke up, and... I don't know D:
    It's such an emotionally driven piece, though, so I suppose that makes sense ^^;
    Definitely a very good story. And I'm glad that the ending is somewhat happy, though I still definitely feel for Yesung.
    You're right. Angst is definitely your thing :P
    Also, for the 100 fic challenge, go for it. From what I've read of your use of other characters, you're definitely good enough ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cho-min I think you've got me wrong; I appear to be good at using characters because i only mention characters I'm comfortable with. You'll have to reevaluate me when I start using Henry, Zhou Mi, Kangin, Shindong... etc.

    But i appreciate the encouragement and comments still! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about it. I still definitely can't write Henry. Part of me goes "aww, look. Henry's so cute!" and the other part goes "Henry may actually be the most mature one in this group" and then they have an epic battle to the death, and Henry ends up getting left out of a lot of stuff...
    With practice you'll get them down. Just try writing random stuff with them (with or without the intention of posting it). It'll totally help. (Maybe use the pairing generator?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @cho-min EPIC BATTLE TO THE DEATH.
    Haha that made me laugh.

    Also, there is a pairing generator? I did not know. Though I'm not surprised... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Epic battles to the death are always fun ^^
    Well... there WAS a pairing generator, but for some reason it's not loading on my laptop? (the again, I do have a really shoddy internet connection...) maybe it will work for you?
    http://puppycadet.lolmeme.org/sujuplus.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, lameness. My laptop said it was only temporarily unavailable, though so maybe it'll be back? I know a lot of people will be crushed if it's gone for good (myself included. Definitely a good time-waster), and it would be so sad if you never even got to see it :( (It was pretty fabulous...)

    ReplyDelete