Welcome!

For your convenience, please use the categories/labels box and the archive box to browse through the stories you want to read.

Comments and feedback are strongly encouraged (you can review under Livejournal accounts, and anonymous comments are allowed!), but if you don't have the time to leave one then at least check the "like" or "dislike" boxes that can be found at the end of every post (but try to leave comments as much as possible, thanks!) :)

I also reply to every comment that people leave me (or at least, the first comment people leave me per story), so feel free to go back and check to see what I've written in reply :) But give me like two days, because blogspot doesn't send out email alerts (if they do, I don't know how to change that setting), so I always go check manually.

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Twitter! (username: genisaurion)

Stickies

First Post: Link
Collective List of Super Junior Fics: Link

Monday, December 7, 2009

KyuMin: Reflection (#1)

To counter the sap I just wrote, here's something on the less sappy side. First KyuMin drabble, and of course I would make it slightly saddening (only slightly!). What's wrong with me? (PS: Let me know how much this fails, kay?)

Title:
Reflection (#1)
Word Count: 404
Rating: PG (it might be G, but I have honestly never distinguished that difference and still can't.)
Started/Finished: 12.07.09 / 12.07.09
Music Muse: Yesung & Sungmin, "Now We Go to Meet"
Description: SungMin wonders what it all means to him. If it means anything at all.

Reflection

KyuHyun was a mystery, perhaps without meaning to.

He wasn't necessarily reserved. Sure, at times the magnae would appear to be deep in thought, and it was during these times that SungMin least wanted to bother him. But more times than not, KyuHyun was dorky and outgoing -- though that award still went to DongHae.

Yet he was still mysterious, and no matter how hard he tried SungMin could never figure him out. It always felt like KyuHyun held in more than what he let on, and that bothered SungMin somewhat -- though maybe it was just our differing personalities, SungMin would always try convincing himself.

SungMin respected KyuHyun's privacy, of course, and he knew that the man was more than welcome to have his own secrets. But sometimes SungMin grew curious, though his curiosity never usually got the best of him. And when it did, it was easy for SungMin to recoil and apologize for his instrusion.

There were some things about KyuHyun that SungMin did want clarified, though. For instance, whenever SungMin asked "What am I to you, KyuHyun-ah?" in his most curious yet serious tone, the other would only say, "You're a good hyung." And as KyuHyun returned to playing StarCraft, SungMin would always wonder if that was really it, if he really meant anything more to him that simply his hyung.

When KyuHyun's mysteries involved him, SungMin was at his worst. When the other man went to bed, SungMin would always remain awake, wondering if KyuHyun's 'Sweet Dreams' meant anything more to him than a simple well-wishing before sleep. He would ponder over the casual arms KyuHyun slung over his shoulder, the occasional gazes SungMin could never understand, and the occasional possessive remarks KyuHyun made around him.

Not knowing was something that did not settle well with SungMin. He wanted to know what he was to that man. And more than anything, he wanted his response to be something more than
"You're a good hyung."

But by not telling KyuHyun this, SungMin knew that he in turn was being a hypocrite. He couldn't scold KyuHyun for not letting on something when he himself was keeping things from his friend. No matter how badly SungMin wanted to know, it was only fair.

That was why, when KyuHyun had asked "Hyung, what's the matter?" in the most curious yet serious tone, SungMin forced himself to respond with,

"Ah, KyuHyun-ah, it's nothing."

END
KyuMin: [1] [2] [3]
[4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]
(SuJu Archive)



(gets bricked for bad drabble)

My first KyuMin story, so please tell me how I did!

17 comments:

  1. ;___________________________________________________________________________________________;
    Why so angsty :'(
    /suicides

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jess(andherviolin) because I'm more comfortable writing angsty =(

    But I'm doing my best to write a fair share of both :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. TT^TT It's kinda sad, but it's beautiful
    Seems so real to me, huaa, angsty Kyumin is so so~ amazing~~~~
    Write more~^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @fanmin I know =( I'll write something happier later. This was my first with those two, so I was still trying to get used to character and stuff, and I'm more comfortable writing sad stuff... lol.

    Thanks for the comments and encouragements~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the angst!! write more! hahaha
    it felt sooooo real. XD
    looking forward to more! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @yum gums I think you're the FIRST person to not complain about angst XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHAHHA. i'm an emo kid after all. angst is my daily drug. KIDDING!! AAHAHHAHAHAH

    i have a thing for angsty fics. especially if i like how it was written. it's rare to find an author who can actually pull off writing angsty fics. that's why i really appreciate angsty fanfiction. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. ;o; So sad!
    Very nice thought piece, though.
    I like that Sungmin knows exactly what he's doing by keeping silent, and yet he continues to do it, in true human form; that neither of them (assuming Kyuhyun does actually feel the same) are brave enough to take the next step, despite thinking that the other should.
    And despite my huge QMi bias, I can't help but hope that it works out for them in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @cho-min yeah, if you've noticed, my oneshots (angsty ones) usually tend to be open ended... dunno why. Maybe because I don't want to dictate an ending for readers. Obviously I know how the ending goes, but see it gives readers their own room to imagine other outcomes ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, now you've made me curious ^^
    How DOES the ending go, for you at least? (I'll probably still live in my happily-ever-after world of magical fantasy. Well, either that, or my "Kyuhyun loves Zhou Mi so shove it" world, but the first one is a little nicer :P)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @cho-min haha i won't say here, in case it ruins someone else's ending.

    I personally am torn between KyuMin and KyuMi (i think that's the term for it). I can't pick what I like more! ><

    ReplyDelete
  12. @cho-min I'm going to answer your question from my 4th KyuMin oneshot here, away from the actual one itself so it doesn't spoil anyone over there lol. And since I JUST mentioned it.

    Yeah, the intention was a KyuMi. If you go back and read the conversations, there's a very VERY subtle implication there.

    So in shorts, your hopes were right. But as for this story's outcome, I'll tell you another time XD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep. KyuMi works. And so does QMi (which I like more, simply because it's faster to type, and it's advertised on the side of buildings... no joke)
    Aww. You'll just have to come up with some other way of telling me, then :P
    I thought so ^^ I figured him spending time with Mimi when he could have been calling Sungmin meant something, but I wasn't entirely sure whether it was actually there, or whether that was just my bias jumping up and down in front of me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @cho-min I think the biggest and most obvious clue is at the end (where else) where Sungmin talks about not making "him" go through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I definitely noticed that (and my mind went "la la la~ it's not a girl :DDD")

    ReplyDelete