Welcome!

For your convenience, please use the categories/labels box and the archive box to browse through the stories you want to read.

Comments and feedback are strongly encouraged (you can review under Livejournal accounts, and anonymous comments are allowed!), but if you don't have the time to leave one then at least check the "like" or "dislike" boxes that can be found at the end of every post (but try to leave comments as much as possible, thanks!) :)

I also reply to every comment that people leave me (or at least, the first comment people leave me per story), so feel free to go back and check to see what I've written in reply :) But give me like two days, because blogspot doesn't send out email alerts (if they do, I don't know how to change that setting), so I always go check manually.

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Twitter! (username: genisaurion)

Stickies

First Post: Link
Collective List of Super Junior Fics: Link

Friday, December 4, 2009

KiHae: Lottery (#1)

So this is my first KiHae oneshot/drabble/story thing (actually, this is my first SuJu fanfic ever). I'm doing this as part of an unofficial 100-word challenge, so don't hold anything against me if I don't make it to a hundred. =)

Basically, I fell in love with KiHae over the past week, and so I thought I'd have a shot at writing some! So this being said, feedback is especially encouraged! Let me know if I'm doing a good or bad job, if I've got characters portrayed nicely, etc.! (And sorry for the excessive exclamation points....)

Title: Lottery (#1)
Word Count: 1148
Rating: PG
Started/Finished: 12.04.09 / 12.04.09
Music Muse: Super Junior T, "There's No One Like Me"

Description: How hard is it to pick five winning numbers?

Lottery
He always knew Lee DongHae was quirky. It didn't take long to discover this, either; after several years together in Super Junior, Kim KiBum could not describe a man who obsessed with fish and aliens as anything other than quirky. But KiBum certainly did not mind, and he chose to instead see it as nothing more than a little flair to DongHae's personality.

Today was just another one of those quirky days, or at least that was what KiBum was trying to convince himself. The day had started off normally, though, with an innocent trip to the grocery store. Upon arriving at the cashier KiBum realized he'd forgotten the squash Sungmin had asked for, and he quickly ran back to get it. But when he'd come back he found his hyung attempting to buy a lottery ticket, and by the looks of things it was almost as if DongHae had never bought a lottery ticket before in his life.

"Kibummie," began DongHae once he'd realized KiBum's presence, "help me pick some numbers! I can't think of any!"

KiBum sighed. "One, two, three, four, five. There."

"But those won't win you anything!" DongHae whined, turning back to the numbers before him. "I should probably pick thirteen, though... for good luck." Sighing, KiBum circumvented his companion and gave the squash to the person at the cashier, who didn't seem to mind DongHae's indecisiveness despite the people waiting in line behind them. Actually, KiBum was almost
certain that the lady only didn't mind because she was too ecstatic over being in close proximity with two members of Super Junior, and that if they were any other customers she'd have told them to hurry their asses up already.

"I should choose ten and fifteen, too," said DongHae thoughtfully. This, of course, was in reference to his birthday, which the man made sure KiBum did not easily forget.

"Why are you buying a lottery ticket?" KiBum asked his friend. "You do well enough without winning the lottery, anyway."

"Because I've never bought one before," replied DongHae with a serious expression upon his face. "Come on, Kibum-ah, don't tell me you've never been the least bit
curious about winning?"

"Mathematically, the odds are too small."

DongHae pouted. "Don't be such a spoilsport... and a genius."

"Nothing wrong with being intelligent and realistic," KiBum retorted. But DongHae had returned to his choosing of numbers. KiBum sighed; how hard could picking five numbers be, anyway? And he only needed two more; couldn't he just pick any two and be done with it?

When KiBum voiced these opinions to DongHae, his friend merely laughed. "Yeah, yeah, fine." The shorter boy chose two last random numbers before returning his gaze to the cashier lady. "That's all. And the squash. What's it come out to?"

It had taken the two of them half a minute to pay the lady for their goods, and another half a minute to get her to say "OHMYGOSH CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?!" Now being slightly annoyed that their excursion to the grocery had taken longer than anticipated, KiBum more or less dragged his friend back to their dorms, not once allowing DongHae any time to stop or rest.

"Never again," KiBum muttered under his breath over and over again. "Embarrassment and making other people wait to pay their stuff is not worth a stupid lottery ticket."

"You won't call it stupid when I win the lottery tomorrow!" DongHae yelled from several paces behind.

"You won't win, though," said KiBum.

"You have no faith in me?"

"No," was KiBum's reply, but instantly he regretted it. The arm in his hand suddenly grew resistant, and as the arm was released from his grasp KiBum spun on the spot. His eyes immediately latched upon the hurt expression on DongHae's face, and in an instant he had felt a pang of regret and sorrow, as if he'd just kicked a puppy.

"Ah, hyung, I didn't mean it like that." KiBum attempted a smile, but DongHae gave none in return. Instead the shorter boy strode past KiBum, making the rest of the walk back to the dorms alone. KiBum watched momentarily, but within seconds he found himself jogging after his friend in an effort to catch up and make up.

"I meant your numbers, hyung, not you. Come on, I didn't mean it?" KiBum reached for DongHae's shoulder and turned him around so that they were face to face. "I'm sorry...?"

The expression that was now on DongHae's face, however, was unexpected. "So you think I'll win the lottery tomorrow?" DongHae asked excitedly, positively beaming. But hadn't he been moping seconds before...?

"I thought I told you no?"

Another pout. "Ah, Kibummie, don't tell me you doubt my awesome number-choosing abilities?"

"You picked them randomly!"

"Did not!" DongHae yelled defensively, reaching for the receipt and stuffing it in KiBum's hand. "These numbers will win, just you wait!" And without really saying much else, DongHae took the bag of groceries from KiBum and practically skipped into their building.

KiBum made a notion to follow him inside, but he couldn't help but to wonder what numbers he'd chosen. Rolling his eyes and not expecting much, KiBum unfolded the receipt. Towards the bottom were the numbers DongHae had chosen, and upon reading them his eyes widened in surprise.
8 10 13 15 21

Kibum could only stare. A coincidence? No, DongHae knew him well enough. But... why?

13 - The thirteen members of Super Junior, without counting the two belonging to Super Junior M.

15 - The fifteen members that comprised Super Junior's four subgroups. Or maybe just the day DongHae was born.

10 - For October, the month DongHae was born on.

But eight and twenty-one, perhaps what had surprised him the most....
...his birthday?

"Just a coincidence," KiBum found himself saying to no one in particular. "He picked them too fast to mean anything by it... yeah, that's it."

He convinced himself of this fact and blamed the coincidence on DongHae's never ceasing quirkiness. And, as the man had predicted, DongHae did not win the lottery that day. At the least, KiBum was relieved that coincidence did not run too far ahead of itself, but just in case KiBum vowed to never let DongHae buy another lottery ticket again.

In the back of his mind, KiBum really did wonder if DongHae had chosen his birth date intentionally. But thinking about it only hurt him on the inside, and as wishful thoughts resulting from merely looking at his hyung already hurt him enough, he was certain that asking DongHae about it was not worth it.

But while the hassle certainly was not worth the ticket (and nor were the awkward moments that had ensued), KiBum could not deny that the extra time spent alone with DongHae was, in fact, worth a losing lottery ticket.

And that, alone, was enough.
END
KiHae: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
[8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16]
(SuJu Archive)



(gets bricked for bad ending)

My first KiHae oneshot/drabble, so please tell me how I did! I'm aiming for friendship/impliedromance before actual romance, but I promise one day I'll deliver something better =)

7 comments:

  1. aushaushauauhs, omg Donghae, only you *__*

    It was lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so you asked for some actual legit feedback (yeah, I know you didn't say it like that, but I'm taking artistic licence :P) on this one (and possibly on the last one too, but I was far too excited about having a new author to read anything so mundane as the author's notes (jk, I just forgot...)
    At any rate, I'd say you have these two pinned down. Kibum has the perfect balance of detached intelligence and loving fondness for Donghae, and Donghae is exactly as childish as he should be (plus, he's just completely adorable in every sense of the word, so...)
    All in all, I'd say you are doing a fantastic job :D
    Also, this story was absolutely adorable ^^
    I love that all the numbers he picked actually mean something and hopefully he meant to pick Kibum's birthday, because that would just be so cute ^^
    There you go with another angsty-ish ending :(
    Though I guess this one had some happiness too... Then again, you do promise something with actual romance, so I suppose I'll deal with the angst for now ^^
    As long as it remains this well written and awesome, I'm totally down with anything :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh I can't respond to people's comments directly on blogspot. Blah, sometimes LJ is loads better. Here's to hoping you guys read this again.

    @redbird-13 thanks! I'm glad you found it lovely

    @cho-min ahhhhh I'm so glad you didn't think I failed writing KiHae! thanks for all the feedback and comments, and i promise I'll write a no-angsty one in the future! btw, cho-min = kyuhyunsungmin? I LOVE THEM TOO. Especially sungmin <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, if it is a coincidence then it is a very cute coincidence (though i wish hae picks the number deliberately, heheheh)
    Kihae is so adorable~ and well, sungmin and the squash, haha
    Write more~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. @fanmin welllll if it were coincidence then Donghae must be so incredibly lucky XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's your first? it was cute
    and it was not a coincidence kibummie...donghae used your birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @merashun YES this was my first SJ fic EVER XD

    haha, but kibummie is in denial~

    thanks for reading ^^

    ReplyDelete