Welcome!

For your convenience, please use the categories/labels box and the archive box to browse through the stories you want to read.

Comments and feedback are strongly encouraged (you can review under Livejournal accounts, and anonymous comments are allowed!), but if you don't have the time to leave one then at least check the "like" or "dislike" boxes that can be found at the end of every post (but try to leave comments as much as possible, thanks!) :)

I also reply to every comment that people leave me (or at least, the first comment people leave me per story), so feel free to go back and check to see what I've written in reply :) But give me like two days, because blogspot doesn't send out email alerts (if they do, I don't know how to change that setting), so I always go check manually.

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Twitter! (username: genisaurion)

Stickies

First Post: Link
Collective List of Super Junior Fics: Link

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

KiHae: Irony (#7)

Bah I need ideas for a chaptered fic. In other news, I'm writing this instead of studying for a Linear Algebra final... yay.

This one contains hints of HanChul, as well as ninja!KyuMin. Have fun reading~

Title:
Irony (#7)
Word Count: 1811
Rating: PG-13?
Started/Finished: 12.08.09 / 12.08.09
Music Muse: PlayRadioPlay!, "Even Fairy Characters Would Be Jealous."
Description: Irony plays with us in ways that frustrate us, but in the end it's probably for our own good.

Irony

One day, without really knowing why, KiBum finds himself being yelled at.

"You're so stupid," he finds DongHae saying to him, though he really doesn't know why. "Is that really so hard to ask, Kibummie?"

KiBum only stares. "Ask what, exactly?"

"And you weren't even listening?" DongHae is clearly mad, which puts KiBum at unease. "I already mentioned it twice already!"

"No Hae, you didn't -- !"

"Hyung," corrects DongHae snappishly, silencing KiBum. "You know what, KiBum-ah, I've just about had it. Remind me next time not to invest so much on a person who doesn't take relationships seriously."

"Hae, what are you -- ?" but DongHae is already out the door before KiBum can manage much else. The silence in their dorm does not really trouble KiBum though, because he knows DongHae will be back by the next morning.

But in the rare case DongHae is actually serious, KiBum tells himself, he better tell me what he's going on about.

Because KiBum still doesn't know by the time he goes to bed.



The next morning, KiBum awakes to an empty bed. But it takes a little while for KiBum to remember the significance of this. He barely recognizes DongHae's silent treatment, and he completely misses the angry glares DongHae shoots in his direction. And of course breakfast that morning ends with DongHae running out of the dorms, and it's only then that KiBum remembers their arguments of the night before.

HyukJae attempts to talk to him after breakfast, though his success is rather questionable.

"Hae really didn't tell me why he was angry," KiBum says in his defense.

But HyukJae, having only heard DongHae's side, only shrugs in uncertainty. "He says you weren't paying attention, which is why you didn't hear him."

"I was paying attention," KiBum retorts. "And he didn't say anything. He just thinks he did because his mind speaks faster than his mouth."

HyukJae shrugs again. "He says you don't express yourself enough, like you're just in it for the benefits he gives you."

"But I'm not."

"But it feels that way to him," said HyukJae. "You make the relationship seem one-sided, you know?"

"Not really, no."

HyukJae sighs. "This is why DongHae should really be telling you these things himself! Like I know how he feels...."

"So why isn't he?"

"Because he's mad at you. I thought that was obvious?"

Success, KiBum decides, is subjective.



KiBum turns to HeeChul next, since DongHae used to say that HeeChul was a man known for his advice. But HeeChul really has no desire to help KiBum at the moment, as he has his own HanKyung-related problems to deal with. And since KiBum doesn't quite want to embark on a "Get HeeChul His Daily Dose of HanKyung" quest, he gives up on that route entirely.

So instead he talks to YeSung, who isn't pleased at all that he's suddenly been pulled into their affairs.

"All I did was listen to DongHae rant at lunch. Why me,
DdangKoma?"

KiBum, of course, ignores the remark completely. "Hyung, please, what did he say to you?"

YeSung turns away from his turtle and sighs. "I don't know, something about how you make your relationship too difficult because you never tell him what you want. To be honest, I didn't even know you guys were together until he started ranting to me."

KiBum ignores the last part completely. "It's not like he lives to please me, hyung! Why is it my fault that I didn't come with a complete list of likes and dislikes?"

"He says half the time he doesn't know if he's doing the right because you don't express yourself enough. But I don't know KiBum-ah, why can't you just ask him y0urself?"

Instead of replying with the slightly more honest "Because I don't know what I'm supposed to be asking him about," KiBum chooses to quote a rather wise young man instead.

"Because he's mad at me. I thought that was obvious?"



KiBum doesn't have to look far for someone else to ask counsel from, because the instant KiBum returns to his room SungMin barges in with the largest grin on his face.

"A little birdie tells me you and a certain other are having relationship problems!" he says in a very singsong manner, and it takes almost all of KiBum's efforts to not lash out at the man for his behavior.

"Did Hae rant to you, too?"

"No, I just overheard your conversation in YeSung's room."

"At least you're honest." Neither man talks immediately; in particular KiBum doesn't talk because, if SungMin really had overheard, there was really no point in wasting his breath. In the end though, when SungMin refuses to show signs of talking any time soon, KiBum gives up and spills the details once more.

"Maybe he's angry at you because you don't respect him as your elder," SungMin says when KiBum finishes his story. "I mean, why else would he snap at you for not calling him hyung?"

"You missed the point entirely," KiBum mutters bitterly. "
No wonder he keeps saying you never take a hint." And though SungMin doesn't have a clue what or who he's referring to, KiBum leaves it at that.



When HeeChul's finally satisfied with his HanKyung time, he decides to hear KiBum out. But the information KiBum receives is more or less the same thing KiBum's other hyungs have already told him, and he feels slightly relieved that he hadn't aided in HeeChul's quest, since it had yielded unfruitful results in the end anyway.

"He obviously feels like he's the only one maintaining the relationship."

"So I've been told."

"It's only because you don't put as much into it as he does, so to say."

"So I've been told."

"You should really talk to him yourself."

"So I've been told."

"And don't talk to your hyung like that!"

"So I've been told."

In the end, KiBum decides that HeeChul's helpfulness must have an inverse relationship with his age, because there's no way that was the same man who helped DongHae ask KiBum out to their first date.



SiWon's advice is perhaps the only advice that differs from his other hyungs.

"DongHae wouldn't stop talking about you today."

"Really now," KiBum asks unenthusiastically, almost to the point where it isn't even a question.

SiWon nods. "He says he doesn't understand why you won't tell him anything, even though he always takes the time to tell you stuff."

"Oh, so now he's supposed to be my box of secrets, too?"

"That's what I told him!" SiWon exclaims, which actually shocks KiBum for a moment. But all shock fades away when SiWon opens his mouth again.

"Actually," SiWon continues, his hands now talking more than his lips; "I told hyung that he shouldn't confide in you and that he shouldn't ask you to confide in him. Because you know, if only he confided more in God--"

"Hyung... I think you're mistaking him for HeeChul."



Right before KiBum decides to ask Leader for his opinion, DongHae stops him in the hall.

"I hate you."

"I know," KiBum replies. "Everyone in this house does, too."

DongHae shakes his head furiously. "I don't understand, KiBum-ah. I think you've talked to everyone in this house more than you've ever talked to me about anything!"

"That's not true," SungMin's voice says suddenly, conveniently emerging from a nearby doorway. "He so far hasn't talked to ShinDong, HanKyung, RyeoWook--"

"Stop being a pain," KyuHyun's voice interjects, and his hand appears out of nowhere and pulls SungMin back into their room. KiBum manages to hear SungMin yell 'And Kyuhyunnie, too!' before KyuHyun's hand reemerges to slam shut the door. Then after follows a silence, which lasts quite a while since both boys had been thrown off guard by the interruption.

DongHae is the first to continue the conversation. "You talked to everyone about me, KiBum-ah. You probably said more meaningful things to them than you ever did to me."

"Ah, I don't quite think so...." KiBum smiles as the conversations replay in his head; in particular, he finds the ones with HeeChul, SiWon, and SungMin rather amusing in nature.

However, since DongHae can't read KiBum's mind, he gets angry once more. "You told them how you felt, didn't you? That's much more than anything you've ever told me! Gah!"

And before KiBum really has time to register what's going on, DongHae storms off yet again. But at least this time, he knows why.



A little before dinner, KiBum compiles a list of reasons for why DongHae is angry with him.

1
Because I apparently don't talk enough.

2
Because I apparently don't tell him my secrets.

3
Because I don't call him hyung, even if it was his request not to.

4
Because I never verbally express how I feel, even though my actions do it all the time.

5
Because I apparently never pay attention.

6
Because I apparently don't take our relationship seriously.

There's plenty more KiBum wants to add to the list, but writing it all feels too idiotic and pointless. And by the time dinner is served, he begins to realize that this truly is a stupid thing to fight over.



When night falls, DongHae goes to bed without saying a word. And KiBum, declaring that enough was truly enough, decides to crawl into bed with him.

"Mianhae," KiBum whispers into the other's ear. And much to his surprise, DongHae doesn't kick him off the bed.

Minutes pass in their position, KiBum even daring to place an arm around the other man's waist. He doesn't really want the moment to end either, because keeping DongHae near is much more favorable than having to chase him everywhere.

DongHae is the first to break the silence. "Ah, Kibum-ah, you're apologizing yet you're still no different."

"Shut it, Hae. I like you better when you're not talking all the time and ruining the mood. How's that for expressing how I feel?"

"Fine, fine. But what does that have to do with you not talking?"

KiBum sighs, holding DongHae to him tighter. "You know, you could really give SungMin a run for his money...."



The next morning, after KiBum is made to promise a change in his actions and behavior, DongHae poses a more serious question.

"Kibummie, if you really thought all of that, why didn't you just tell me that yourself?"

And even though there are many other responses KiBum could have given the idiot (for example, "How ironic, the entire time I was asking myself that exact question," or "Because it didn't occur to me that I was the one with the problem, really."), he again chooses to quote a rather wise young man instead.

"Because you were mad at me. I thought that was obvious?"

And as he listens to DongHae complain yet again, he makes a mental note to thank HyukJae later.

END
KiHae: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]
[9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16]



(gets bricked for no reason)

My attempt at mentioning more characters. Though I still have yet to use KangIn in a story.... *Adds KangIn to SungMin's list*

In terms of quality of writing, I really like my angsty fics better. But since most of you like happier endings, I think I can bear a few non-angst fics here and there :)

7 comments:

  1. lol, I'm reading this instead of studying for a Self and Family Health final, so we're in the same boat (except that linear algebra is impossible, and SFH isn't :P)
    I love that you included more characters in this one (specifically Yesung, because I'm biased like that ><). You write them all so well ^^
    I'm also loving Kibum's absolute fail at figuring out why Donghae was mad, and at trying to fix it. and Donghae totally not helping him at all. And Kibum figuring that he didn't do anything wrong in the first place... It's just such a real situation :)
    PS, if you want to write more angst, don't let us dictate whether you should or not. I'm sure we'd all still read it, regardless of our personal preferences (I would, anyway :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cho-min thanks for supporting my angsty cravings! haha. I think I'll still stick to my moderation of both. But right now I'm focusing on my chaptered fic, so I won't have to make angsty v. fluff oneshot decisions in a while XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, no worries. I'm definitely looking forward to the chaptered fic as much as (or more than) a oneshot of any kind anyway ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. o.o Now I really get to like Kihae more than Eunhae ><~
    This is cute~ I like it when Sungmin interrupted, hahaha^^
    And I agree with cho-min, just write fics that you're comfortable in writing, :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @fanmin awww thanks! I personally loved Sungmin's role in this~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd go for angst any day XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. @merashun LOL me too~ angst FTW

    thanks for reading~

    ReplyDelete